Support Our Cause
Hi there! Thanks so much to those who’ve already donated to help us keep the ‘lights’ on around here. We’re trying to stay nimble and respond to the most urgent needs being communicated to us by our friends and allies in the Afghan community. As of Oct. 4, we’re launching a new fundraiser. All donations from this point on will be distributed to a fund designated for Afghans in need of humanitarian parole application fee support. See this post for more details.
Questions? Email us: Viets4Afghans@gmail.com.
As we get up and running, we are realizing that managing this operation is going to require some funding. We anticipate the Viets4Afghans project will continue to be volunteer-led, and our work will resume as long as there’s a need for us to take action. By all accounts, the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan is not going to end quickly, so we want to be prepared for a long-term effort that may go on for many more months, possibly years.
Funding will pay for immediate needs:
- Website work to optimize our information hub for a bilingual audience
- Developing culturally relevant content
- Translation work
- Hiring an intern /staff to help move the project forward, including ongoing maintenance of intake forms, performing research for our projects, etc
- Media assets, including photography and video to document our progress
About our Fiscal Sponsor:
Vietnamese American Non-Governmental Organization Network
VANGO Network is a non-profit public benefit corporation under California law and has been granted tax exemption status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code with the Tax ID #26–3438991.
3 Ways to make a tax-deductible donation:
Mail a check:
Payable to: Vietnamese American Non-Governmental Organization Network
- On the Memo line, please write: Viets4Afghans
Send to: 1122 E Pike St, #1021, Seattle, WA 98122
Via credit card online:
VANGO Network is a non-profit public benefit corporation under California law and has been granted tax exemption status…
- In the Memo section, please type in: Viets4Afghans
Submit your donation to your company employee matching program. This can increase the effectiveness of your donation amount by 2–3X.
Vietnamese American Non-Governmental Organization Network (VANGO) is listed in many US corporation employee match giving programs, including: Benevity Causes, BlackBaud Giving Fund, NPOConnect, Frontdoor by Cybergrants. It’s searchable under Tax ID 263438991 in the company employee giving platform.
- Do note ‘Viets4Afghans’ in the Memo section so that donations can be earmarked for our project.